Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. This year it looks different for many of us but for kids in foster care not much will have changed. They still will be without a forever family. They still will have no structure, stability or security. My heart aches for them. Given just a little effort you can be a part of making a difference in their lives. We all have the ability to try and connect them with people that will love and adore them. As we try to find families that can offer hope, love and opportunity to these kids anything you can do from prayer to participation is greatly appreciated.
Please meet Aquyla, who is 14 years old, and her younger brother Aquanis, who is 10 years old. They are from Indiana. Aquyla, is a confident, charming young lady who makes friends easily. When she needs some downtime, Aquyla will sit with a good book or journal. She’s focusing on getting good grades because she has goals to go to college and eventually medical school. Aquyla believes her greatest strength is that she helps others. Aquanis is a true gentleman! This sweet guy is inquisitive and respectful. He enjoys everything from video games to basketball to LEGOs. Aquanis is an active kid, and if you bring the right tunes, he’ll sing and dance! He’s a great student, and likes to learn new things. https://www.indianaadoptionprogram.org/project/aquyla-aquanis-8838ab/
Remember…this take everyone. We have had many questions over the weeks asked about the process of foster care, adoption and expenses. I will attempt to provide a few answers, but as always, please contact Tracy or Molly at [email protected] with specific questions.
- All the children we post are ready to go, they are ready to be adopted. Paperwork is completed and all they need is someone to say yes!
- People ask about finances. Adopting from foster care is little to no money. If you find out differently PLEASE let me know – give me a name and a number and we will get to the bottom of it.
- What IS required is a home study. You need to get this done from your local agency. There will be a few steps involved, but it can be done in a timely manner if you are available and can get the steps done quickly.
- On every post of every child there is a contact person, number and or email. Contact them. There is not a swipe up or link. You need to type in the email or actually dial the phone number.
- This will take a bit of work. This will take time and effort. BUT THESE KIDS ARE WORTH IT! There will be hoops to jump through, papers to sign and logistics to figure out. This is not order on Amazon and a child will be delivered in 2 business days. There are many wonderful resources and they can be overwhelming. But dig in. Thank You for having the heart to make a difference!
#ForeverFamilyFriday #FamiliesDontHaveToMatch #Siblings #Thankful #Adoption #FosterCare #LoveWins